Follow @Mr_McCrackelz

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I broke down and got Gone home... and the Bureau.


I want to love this game as much as I love this poster.
So Gone Home is fascinating. I never thought it wouldn't be, but come on, $20? Ludicrous, but art needs it's patrons and make no mistake, Gone Home is a work of art. I'd love to explain how it's a work of art, but surprise is it's sharpest tool and if you see it's best bits coming it will leave you cold.

But I'll say this, the game has more than a passing resembalence to Clue and in the place in the house where that becomes obvious, you'll find a non liable board game. It's brilliant. If you want to show off how far interactive story telling has come to the non believers in your life, this is exactly what you've been waiting for.

In other splurging news, I said I'd wait for reviews to pick up The Bureau and the fact that the pre release day was embargoed was a very, very, bad sign. Destructiod and IGN confirmed my worst fears, but I don't care. I think there's good in here some are refusing to see.

No comments :

Post a Comment