Follow @Mr_McCrackelz

Friday, October 11, 2013

Frictional's SOMA has me wide awake.


Things have been a bit hectic for me lately. Not so much work related as resume and cover letter related... *sigh.* I've seriously considered calling this the Every Other Daily Crackpot. But back to business. I love horror. Correction: I love horror done right. Which means I'll see one foreign horror film every two years, and one American horror film every 6 years. That's the time it takes for the global film industry to get it right. I'm talkin' El Orfanato, the original Paranormal Activity, and The Conjuring. I love great horror, and I have little to no patience for chaff.

The greatest thing about the golden age of indie gaming has been a respectable return for the horror title. Starting with Amnesia, running through Slender, and all the way up to Outlast, the last few years have seen a much better track record in gaming than in film. You may know that Amnesia's devs didn't work on "A Machine for Pigs" and I've been dying to see what Frictional was up to in the mean time. Well... now we know.


                        

 Yup. I've got my wallet right here and... what's that? 2015!? 

Well, dang.


No comments :

Post a Comment