Follow @Mr_McCrackelz

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Where the hell have I been?


I've been procrastinating is what. Yes, I still don't like my Bioshock Infinite article. Why yes, my game of the year is BIOSHOCK INFINITE. I don't want to get into it yet, believe me, half of my article is defensive pleading. That's kinda why it's taken me so long.

Now other things have caught my interest. Things like Dark Souls 2:


 Isn't it cute how it tries to set up a story, then it's all "F$%k it. You want bosses?! Here's your damn bosses!"

Am I head over heels for this series. After throwing down Demon Souls in a rage 4 years ago, and shamefully cheating my way past my first 2 playthroughs of Dark Souls (I've got at least 4 finished characters now) I'm in love. I get it now. I have atoned for my cheating ways and bent DS backwards and forwards since February of last year. I'm in deep, is what I'm saying. That game lit up the risk/reward part of my brain like a damn forest fire and I'd be lying if I said 2 wasn't fulfilling some kind of chemical fix. So whenever it comes to PC (they said late march, but you sure won't see me holding my breath) I'd throw down for the $120 special edition if it was the only one left in stock.

...I did mention the chemical addiction part right?


Now for TV, and the triumphant return of Hannibal!


That was... words can't... how the hell is this on network TV?!

This was the biggest and most pleasant surprise of last year. If you pressed me, and if it wasn't for Breaking Bad's graceful landing, I would have said it was the best show of last year. Certainly the best police procedural in almost a decade. Between this and True Detective my cup runneth over for stylized cop dramas with perfect casting. 

So that's what I've been thinking about. I'll try not to be so forgetful next time, here on the every-other daily crackpot.

1 comment :

  1. When I find myself apologizing for a game a lot, I find the best course is to explain what I feel is the why of the developer's potentially-problematic choices. Okami, for example, I consider an absolute masterpiece - but it starts with a metric fuckton of text to wade through and has very simple combat. This, I reckon, is due to the low age of its intended audience - a bit of a storybook, combat that's not that hard to wrap one's head around. It's okay - just don't pull a Chance and wait until July to finish your GotY stuff.

    Also, I'm stealing that Hannibal trailer and putting it on my blog and writing about it and thank you for putting it up 'cause otherwise I'd have no idea when my favorite TV series of 2013 was coming back.

    ReplyDelete