Follow @Mr_McCrackelz

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Trevor Noah certainly is a human being...


This is gonna get weirder before it gets better, huh?
While he certainly wasn't my first choice to take over The Daily Show, I do think he's a canny one. Or he was, anyway. I mean... listen, we all say dumb and horrible sh*t at low points in our lives; but this instance of twitter biting a public figure right in the big break is becoming more tedious than tragic.

It just keeps happening! To the point where I think we shouldn't take most of them at face value. Though that one about the money man behind all successful rappers is pretty gross. I don't really know what to make of that. My point is, if you don't think getting an internationally recognized position like the Daily Show wouldn't make him straighten up and fly right... you're crazy. And instead of burning an alleged sexist in effigy; what if this time we tried to educate and reform some of his beliefs?

But on the other hand, he was 30 when he wrote those tweets, it's not like he's some young upstart playing with fire to get attention. So... hmmm.

Well now I'm cross-eyed.

As for his more anti-Semitic tweets I don't think they're an issue. Or rather, I'd think Stewart could smell one of those a mile off. And if he didn't get the last say on who replaces him I'd really be surprised.

Is he sexist? I dunno. I don't know South African culture very well. We'll just have to see how this shakes out.

No comments :

Post a Comment